AltaMap Web Services
GeoMicro's Hosted Web Services provides fast and affordable access to the same enterprise grade technology that has been in use by the world's most demanding enterprises including, GE, US Navy. Even MapQuest has been a subscriber of AltaMap Web Services.
AltaMap Web Services are capable of powering portals and business locators. But it is much more, AltaMap Web Services provide the most advanced features that allow you to embed mapping, real time information, and navigation to better manage your business, and enforce business rules. Create location based alerts, visualize real time traffic, provide the most efficient driving directions, and guide your mobile workers to their next service call or delivery using Mobium. It's all possible with AltaMap Web Services.
AltaMap Web Services have an industry standard SOAP API, as well as an HTTP interface to support both .NET and Java. Web Services are hosted at a Tier 1, professionally managed hosting environment and is built on the well know scalability of AltaMap.
AltaMap Web Services makes it easy to integrate mapping and navigation into enterprise applications and improve the day to day operations of their business.
Hosted Web Services include the following features:
- True Linear Scalability to support AJAX-style "streaming" or "draggable" maps,
- Industry Standard SOAP and HTTP APIs,
- Full documentation and sample applications,
- Personal support (although you will probably never need it),
- Finding Addresses: (Forward and Reverse Geocoding)
- Finding Non-Addressable Places - zip codes, cities, intersections, Airports...
- Finding nearby places and things based on geographic proximity,
- Routing with sensitivity based distance, time, and tolls,
- Geofencing based on radius, political boundaries, or custom polygons, and
- Real Time Traffic - Flow and incident data in select markets, and
- Geometry calculations
Examples of how companies are currently benefiting form AltaMap Web Services include:
- efficient routing,
- visualizing real time traffic conditions,
- avoiding excessive idling,
- Enforce business rules:
- Create alerts based on where mobile assets and employees should/shouldn't be located,
- Avoid off hour and unauthorized use of company vehicles.
- Improve customer service by:
- Dispatching closest employee,
- Creating messaging to inform customer when employee is nearby,
- Avoiding billing disputes with GPS based stop reports.
- Enhance Safety and Security
- Locate missing/stolen assets,
- Speeding exceptions,
To learn more, or request your free evaluation, please contact GeoMicro.