GeoMicro's AltaMap is an integrated collection of software products for building a complete geographic information system (GIS) that is right for your organization. The AltaMap framework enables you to deploy GIS functionality and business logic wherever it is needed - desktops, servers, custom applications, web services, or mobile devices.
Web Based GIS
AltaMap Server is a Web-based GIS tool for publishing maps on the Internets and provides powerful visualization, and spatial analysis. Users across an organization can benefit from the shared, GIS based services that AltaMap Server can provide.
AltaMap Server offers the following advantages:
- True linear scalability to support large number of users,
- Access GIS applications through a web browser, and delivered as services,
- Ability to create custom applications,
- Lower cost of ownership through centrally managed GIS applications.
AltaMap Server also complements AltaMap Desktop by allowing GIS analysts to author maps locally and publish them to AltaMap Server.
Comprehensive GIS functionality and exceptional performance make it the ideal product for Internet GIS. AltaMap Server provides the rich set of visualization and geoprocessing features. It allows an organization to move GIS from the isolation of a GIS professional's workstation to all members of the organization. With access to Internet GIS, employees in call centers, mobile workers, and management can access geographic data for faster, smarter, and more efficient decisions.
For more information, see AltaMap Server.
AltaMap Desktop is a map OCX control that provides a rich set of display options, and geometry calculations A few of the many advanced features include: Dot Density, Smart Labeling, Image support, charts and thematic shading.
AltaMap Desktop is used by many companies around the world to add GIS and mapping visualization to their applications. It is a complete System for:
- Creating customized mapping and GIS applications that fulfill specific tasks and requirements,
- Building lightweight data viewing applications, or
- Embedding mapping components to enhance existing applications.
GeoMicro provides a complete set of extensions for Geocoding, Routing, and preconfigured premium maps. For more information see AltaMap Extensions.
For more information, see AltaMap Desktop.
AltaMap Desktop and AltaMap Server share a common object model. This allows extensions to work equally well on both deployment options. A wide range of optional extensions dramatically expands the functional capabilities of our GIS mapping products with specialized tools to create a AltaMap LBS Platform platform. One of the key benefits of this shared extension model is the ability to operate the same extensions across the line of desktop and server products,
- AltaMap Geocoder:
- Locating addresses on maps.
- AltaMap Routing
- Create turn by turn routes for navigation and text based driving directions
- AltaMap Streets, Navteq Edition
- Cartographic map display - since an image is worth a thousand words, have a look at the live demo.
- AltaMap Traffic
- Not Fleet or Mobile workforce management system is complete without Real Time Traffic.